Animal Nutrition US
Summary of the Position
The Logistics Manager leads, directs, manages, and coordinates the scheduling, compliance, maintenance, and execution of all transportation activities as well as ensuring client satisfaction by performing the following essential job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs product transportation and delivery to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness objectives are met.
• Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports and exports, or customer issues.
• Negotiates transportation rates and services. This includes truck, rail, intermodal, barge for import and export as well river services.
• Analyzes all aspects of transportation logistics to determine the most cost effective and or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Communicates freight transportation information to customers and suppliers using all technology and systems available to improve efficiency, speed, and/or quality of transportation services.
• Monitors and enforces transportation safety and compliance where Origination is the accountable party.
• Manages and updates all carrier files with contact info, updated insurance and authority information to maintain compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
• Conducts truck related accident and/or safety investigations, ensuring adequate follow-up and documentation between trucking company and insurance company.
• Create, verify, and maintain compliance documents with all US Customs requirements for import and export of shipments for local and international regulations, including international security filing, import customs clearance, and import duty costs as well as all export requirements needed on outbound shipments.
• Responsible for generating freight revenue on all shipments when possible.
• Responsible for servicing the Kahler scale window.
• Work closely with production and warehouse staff to ensure timely and accurate client order fulfillment, inventory management, and delivery.
• Conduct daily business for incoming orders either via phone, fax, email or in-person.
• Keep accurate records and documentation of customer services actions and discussions.
• Review and process all necessary client paperwork in a timely and effective manner.
• Receive and address/resolve customer service complaints and product issues.
• Assist in the development and implementation of customer service procedures, policies and standards.
• Serve as backup customer service contact.
• Provide periodic customer service backup at our Rosemount facility when needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to an environment of trust and mutual respect
• Maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and concern for others
• Seek growth and learning opportunities
• Maintain a high level of personal responsibility and ownership
• Use effective communication and listening skills
• Maintain a high level of personal accountability and integrity
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 3-4 years of related logistics experience. 3-5 Years of experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
• Leadership and People Management skills
• Solid organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style to the audience as needed.
• Software knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Barentz’ values and fundamentals.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write clear and descriptive correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to suppliers, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and technical instructions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should or will have knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications, and related logistics software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
If you are interested in joining our team. please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com