Animal Nutrition US
Production and Warehouse Technician
We’re all about Creating Customer Success and we're looking for talented Production & Warehouse Technicians who shares this passion to join our team!
Production & Warehouse Technicians are responsible for the daily production and product handling tasks related to company operations. They receive, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties:
Vertical: Animal Nutrition
Typical Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Operate various production equipment and machinery, including the extruder/hammermill
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves; or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer or management specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments. Maintains inventory records.
- Accurately identify and comprehend Bill of Lading forms
- Maintain clean, safe, warehouse workplace
- Accurately complete and process inventory records
- Rotate inventory per designated procedures
- Safely operate forklift to pick up, transport and stack pallets
- Load and unload trucks and barges (seasonally)
- Contribute to an environment of trust and mutual respect
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Individuals must have the ability to operate or learn to operate production machinery (i.e., extruder/hammer mill, augers, dryers/belts, mixer, and batching equipment)
- Previous machine/bagging operations PREFERRED
- Previous SITTING forklift operations PREFERRED
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic Microsoft applications and related warehouse software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Class D driver's license and ability to complete company forklift training certificate.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please notify your supervisor or Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Origination, a part of Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Barentz is regularly reviewing the current federal and state COVID-19 protocols in each facility and appropriate measures are being taken. Some positions may be deemed remote- or hybrid- eligible based upon business need.
- How many months of training or experience do you have in production and warehousing?
- How did you hear about this opportunity? (If as a referral, please note the referring employee's full name.)
What work shift are you available to work?
- 1st (07.00am - 03.00pm)
- 2nd (03.00pm - 11.00pm)
- 3rd (11.00pm - 07.00am)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.